Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Writing Stories Using Fanfic Bingo Cards

I'm a newbie romance writer. But before I become one, I'm a proud Fan fiction writer.

According to Wikipedia, Fan fiction is a fiction about characters or settings from an original work of fiction created by fans of that work rather than by its creator. In my case, most of my stories showcased all of my favorite artist most especially the members of the GazettE. I normally paired those hot, talented guys with my friends who are also their fans. 

FACT: My first novel, Hello, Soulmate, is originally a fan fiction. My hero, Yuya, is actually Tegoshi Yuya of NEWS while my heroine is one of my friends who loves him (Hi Pao!) 

Normally, I just sit in front of my computer and type all the ideas flowing inside my head. But there are also times when I can't type them out. Or worst, nothing is there to write. So I search for ways to make my brain work. And that's how I met FANFIC BINGO CARDS.

They are the same as a normal bingo card. The only difference is that instead of numbers, you'll find different prompts, settings or even just words printed on the card that will trigger any writer's mind into writing something. A writer will write a story related to any of those words/prompts. It may be a oneshot or a full story. And just like a bingo card, a writer needs to form a pattern (horizontal, vertical, diagonal or full block) in order for him/her to finish the card.

I knew some writers who uses this. This year, I got myself my very own card. The prompts that I got are under Gentle Fiction.


I'm really excited about writing now. Hopefully I get to finish this. Goodluck, self!

0 comments:

Post a Comment